For as successful as Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been for Nintendo, long-time series fans still have fond memories of Fire Emblem’s roots on the Game Boy Advance. Some such fans are part of a project on the YouTube channel Vilibear, which uploaded a video late last year that reimagined the prologue of Three Houses as one of the series’ earlier titles (credit to Eurogamer). If that 13-minute snippet wasn’t already impressive enough, the dev team has now decided to evolve the scope of the demake considerably, with plans to recreate the entire Nintendo Switch game as a faux-GBA title.
Considering Three Houses’ own massive scope and its three-pronged story, the dev team has wisely decided to only recreate the Blue Lions route–leaving the Black Eagles and Golden Deer alone. The latest video shows off the team’s recent progress with a GBA version of the main theme, along with more gameplay footage showing 2D sprites fighting it out in battles similar to those found in the series’ past.
- Friends TV Show Reunion Is Happening, And Here’s How Much The Stars Are Being Paid
- Following Its Record-Breaking Start, The Sonic Movie Has Crossed A New Box Office Milestone
- HBO’s Watchmen Has Been Reclassified As A “Limited Series”–Here’s What That Means
- League Of Legends Dev Responds To Latest Update In Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Rainbow Six Siege, Now Four Years Old, Breaks Its Own Concurrent Player Record On Steam