Pokemon Sword and Shield are getting two big expansions this year, each of which takes players to a new portion of the Galar region that’s home to many new and returning Pokemon to collect. In all, more than 200 familiar Pokemon will be added to the Switch games this year, and you don’t need to own the expansions to obtain them–all players will be able to collect the Pokemon through trading or by transferring ones you’ve captured in previous games via the Pokemon Home service.
During the recent Pokemon Direct, developer Game Freak gave us a glimpse at some of the new and returning Pokemon coming to Sword and Shield with each expansion. We’ve listed all the Pokemon mentioned during the presentation below. Each expansion will also introduce some new versions of familiar Pokemon, such as Gigantamax forms of the Sword and Shield starters and Galarian Slowpoke, the latter of which you can catch now thanks to a recent Sword and Shield update.
- The Witcher TV Show On Track To Be Netflix’s “Biggest” Season One Of Any Show Ever
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated Release Date Leaked By Nintendo
- Yes, US Agent Looks Like Captain America, That’s The Point
- Get A Free PS4 Ghost Of Tsushima Dynamic Theme For A Limited Time
- Temtem, Now In Early Access, Will Gradually Rise In Price As Development Continues