The intro movie for the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo has leaked, and it will look awfully familiar to long-time fans of the classic RPG. The PS4 version is almost a shot-for-shot remake of the original PlayStation version, with a few notable changes.
Like the original, it opens with Aeris viewing wisps of lifestream energy through a grate in the city of Midgar. She walks away–this time seemingly spooked by approaching footsteps–and steps out into the bustling street. One addition to this version is that she drops some of her flowers, and one gets ignobly stepped on by a passer-by, but otherwise the rest remains very faithful. The camera pans back to show a wide shot of Midgar accompanied by the logo, and then pulls back in to show Cloud and his companions staging their attack from a train.
The leaked movie also shows a demo title screen with options, and the moment when control reverts to the player. It wasn’t released through any official PlayStation or Square Enix channel, so it appears that the demo must have leaked in some way.
The Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming on March 3, 2020, and it’s one of our most anticipated games. Unlike the original, though, this one is being split into individual chapters. The first part will focus on the beginning of the game in Midgar, while other chapters will fill in the rest of the story. Square Enix hasn’t detailed when to expect the other games to come. For more details, check out everything we know about the Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- PS5 Restock Updates: PS5 Sold Out At Dell, Sony Rewards After Restocks This Week
- PS5 Restock Updates For Best Buy, Target, Walmart, And More (January 2021)
- Where To Buy A PS5 (January 2021): Restock Updates For Target, Best Buy, Walmart, And More
- December 2020: Major Game Release Dates For PS5/PS4, Xbox Series X/One, Switch, And PC
- December 2020: Major Game Releases For PS5/PS4, Xbox Series X/One, Nintendo Switch, And PC