Despite the critical and commercial success of Spider-Man: Far From Home, for a while Spidey’s future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was uncertain. Although discussions seemed amicable between Marvel Studios and Sony, the plan was originally for Spider-Man to revert back to being entirely under Sony’s control, which would have removed Tom Holland’s version of the character from the established MCU. Thankfully, a deal was eventually struck, and Spider-Man will return for a third standalone movie (and Tom Holland’s sixth overall in the universe) on July 16, 2021.
During all of this, the stars of the films spoke out about what was going on: Tom Holland said that the movies going forward would be very different, while Jeremy Renner (who plays Hawkeye) asked for Spider-Man to return. Now another star from the MCU has spoken out about the debacle in amusing fashion.
- Star Trek: Fargo’s Noah Hawley In Final Talks To Write And Direct Next Movie
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: Every Pokemon That Can Gigantamax
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian’s Actual Name Revealed And It’s Not Boba Fett
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian’s Holiday Special Easter Egg Should Have You Freaking Out
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How Do Fossils Work?